Roast chicken with roasted veggies the perfect family dinner. If you skip the normal potatoes you will get perfect Paleo recipe. I really enjoy roast chicken, the only problem is that usually when the chicken is cooked through, the chicken breasts are dry. So in last month I roasted a chicken almost five times with different recipes to find the best one with nice, tasty and moist meat. Here is one fo the recipes I tried. What is different from the other lemon chicken recipes? The way we use the lemon. First we boil the whole lemon together with potatoes for few minutes. Then we stab the hot lemon few times and quickly put it inside the chicken. The benefits of that are quite obvious, the chicken will cook a bit faster and the meat tastes amazing.
Preparation: 15 minutes Baking: 2 hours
- 1 whole chicken
- 4 potatoes cutted
- 1 sweet potatoes cutted
- 1 fennel
- 2 lemons
- 3 garlic gloves
- salt and pepper
Method, or the way I cooked it:
1. Preheat the oven for 190°C. Rub the chicken with salt and pepper from outside and inside and set aside.
2. Cook the potatoes with lemon and garlic for 12 minutes. Drain and allow to steam dry.
3. Pat the chicken with kitchen paper and rub it all over with olive oil. Stab the lemon few times and push it with garlic and rosemary inside the chicken. Cut two slices of lemon and butter and with rosemary put it under the skin of the chicken breast. That will help to keep the meat moist.
4. Bake the chicken (breast side down) for around 45 minutes.
5. Remove the chicken, set aside and put the potatoes into the baking tray. On top of potatoes place the fennel, the rest of the second lemon and chicken (breast side up).
Bake for another 45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked. (You can tell the chicken is cooked when the thigh meat pulls easily away from the bone and the juices run clear).
6. Ready to serve.