Chia seeds seem to be very popular lately. I tried a few product and wasn’t really impressed with it. Until I tried coconut chia pudding in restaurant Urban pantry. It was amazing. They use almond milk. I’m not a big fan of it, but I found macadamia milk, which is absolutely amazing. Both variations are great for the lactose intolerant population. And put it this way, adults really don’t need a normal cow milk anyway.
Back to chia seeds.I found out that they are super healthy with this 11 health benefits:
1. Chia Seeds Deliver a Massive Amount of Nutrients With Very Few Calories
2. Chia Seeds Are Loaded With Antioxidants
3. Almost All The Carbs in Them Are Fiber
4. Chia Seeds Are High in Quality Protein
5. Due to The High Fiber and Protein Content, Chia Seeds Should be Able to Help You Lose Weight
6. Chia Seeds Are High in Omega-3 Fatty Acids
7. Chia Seeds May Improve Certain Blood Markers, Which Should Lower The Risk of Heart Disease and Type 2 Diabetes
8. They Are High in Many Important Bone Nutrients
9. Chia Seeds Can Cause Major Improvements in Type 2 Diabetics
10. Chia Seeds Can Improve Exercise Performance as Much as a Sports Drink
11. Chia Seeds Are Easy to Incorporate Into Your Diet
Sounds like a superfood doesn’t it 🙂 More about the benefits here.
For a perfect chia seed breakfast, you won’t need much:
- 3 tbs chia seeds
- 3/4 cup macadamia milk
- shredded coconut
- fresh fruit (or frozen fruit)
Method, or the way I cooked it:
1. Soak the chia seeds and shredded coconut in macadamia milk. Let rest for 5 minute and stir, repeat after 10 minutes. Leave in the fridge for few hours or overnight.
2. In the morning cut any fruits you like, I used a watermelon, strawberries, and pineapple. You can use frozen fruit as well. Just defrost them and pour over the pudding.